Pharmacie Centrum Pharmacy Inc.
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND HOW YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION MAY BE USED & DISCLOSED BY OUR CLINIC.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY AND ASK US ANY QUESTIONS.
Protecting Health Information
Our Clinic is required by the Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act of 2000 (“PIPEDA”), and applicable provincial legislation, to maintain the privacy of your personal information. This includes your medical records as well as other health and personal information that identifies you and includes any information we keep, use, or disclose in any form (electronic, written or verbal). At Our Clinic, we believe that your personal information is just that: personal: we are committed to keeping it private and to respecting your confidentiality.
Our Use of Your Information
Your personal information may be used for health and administrative purposes:
- Health purposes such as providing, coordinating, or managing your health care by one or more health care providers.Examples include when we contact your pharmacy or other health care providers to obtain health information, or ask questions about medication doses. This may happen at the time of the appointment or later during your therapy. We may also use and disclose your information when your physician, health care provider, or another clinic contacts us and says that you have requested them to provide health care services. We may also report an adverse drug reaction to the government or a drug manufacturer.
- Administrative purposes such as payment and utilization activities.Examples include obtaining payment for services, confirming health plan coverage, and billing activities. We may electronically bill your insurance company or government health plan. Insurance companies or government health plans may also contact us about services we provide to you to permit a review that will ensure cost-effective use of your benefit plan. We may also look at your personal information to evaluate how well our Clinic provides services to you.
We may also use your personal Information to provide you with reminders, information about services you receive through our Clinic; or notices of health screenings, special events, or other wellness activities we may conduct.
Our Clinic may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances: in response to a court decision or order, or as required by law (such as reporting the abuse of persons, infectious diseases and other dangers to public health). Any other uses and disclosures other than the above will be made only with your authorization. You may revoke such authorization in writing and we are required to honour and abide by that request, except for actions we have already taken relying on your authorization.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information, which you can exercise by presenting a written request to our Clinic’s Privacy Officer:
- You have the right to know what information is being collected about you, the purposes for which the information is being collected, how the information will be used and to whom the information will be disclosed.
- You have the right to get access to and request corrections to your personal information.
- You have the right to complain about the clinic’s personal information practices.
- You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this notice.
This notice is effective as of January 1, 2015 and we are required to abide by the terms of the Notice of Privacy Practices. We reserve the right to change the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practices and to make the new notice provisions effective for all protected health information that we maintain. We will post any revised notice in our clinic and you may receive a written copy of a revised notice by requesting orally or in writing. If you believe your privacy protections have been violated, you have the right to file a formal, written complaint with us at the address below, or with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Shahin Abdullah, Privacy Officer
Orleans Family Health Clinic
210 Centrum Blvd., Suite 101 & 110
Orleans, ON K1E 3V7
The Privacy Officer is an employee of our Clinic entrusted with overseeing and ensuring privacy issues within our operations.